Thursday, February 3, 2011

FAT FREE CONSPIRACY

Now, in the 1800's and early in the 1900's "fat free" did not exist. For breakfast "real" bacon, eggs (both the yolks and whites), biscuits (not from a can), sausage (pork, not turkey) gravy (made with real flour and milk), and hashbrowns (from the shredded taters in the pantry) was the norm. Lunch was big and supper might consist of Country Fried Steak, Greens (made with pork fat), Corn Bread (made with lard), and mashed potatoes (made from potatoes out of the pantry or garden).
What has happened? Everytime I turn around in the store I see two words I contest - "fat free". Go get a pack of ham...it takes an act to find a pack that is not "fat free". Yogurt, "fat free"...what the @#$% - yogurt doesn't have any fat to begin with. Milk...whatever happened to good old fashioned milk? Oh no, we have milk watered down, milk more watered down, milk more watered down and fat free. I think it relates to minus 10% milk...now, where is the nutrition in that. What? Fat free bacon...what the @#$%!!! And what is with the turkey thing? Turkey is meant to be 25 pounds and roasted in the oven, not made into bacon, this, that, and the other. For some reason that brings me to sour cream, "fat free" sour cream - what the @#$%? And don't even get me started on sausage!! I was in the store and saw "fat free" sausage...now, that is unnatural and definately not American!!
Which for some reason brings me to another point...."fat free" cookies, candies, and crackers. I really don't see the point in these items. If you can enlighten me...please do. Hmmmm, I want a good old chocolate chip cookie...but, it can't have any fat in it - what the @#$%?
I have a grand idea. If you don't want fat in your diet - eat a salad!!! Don't punish the rest of the world that wants to be normal!!! And if you don't want to eat just salads, but you think you are getting to much fat in your diet (that means you think you are getting fat) - try this novel concept...excercise. I for one don't need to suffer for the lack of fat due to lack of effort to get off of your fat @#$ and excercise.
Hicks Mason

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much in agreement with you on this one. I realize the reason I have a pooch around my midsection is a combination of late nite BK and MickeyD's along with being too lazy to exercise on my own.

    As for the food part itself, a big problem with it is the processed food itself that we eat these days, and the price it costs us extra to get it unprocessed. We tend to look at our wallets in the grocery store, instead of just getting the purer forms of food that did the trick better, in addition to the hard work that usually followed our ancestors' meals.

    And then you have the microwave. God love it, I know I do...but it technically changes the molecular structure of our food as well, making it harder to process the right way it was intended to be.

    Good blog, and I signed up as your first follower!

    ReplyDelete