Thursday, February 17, 2011

A BITE IN THE BUTTE IS BETTER THAN, WELL IT'S NOT

I am unsure where to begin, which is not typical of me as I am a very opinionated person.  I only want to take an approach that will not make me out as a supporter of P.E.T.A., because I am not.  If you imagine a ball field, I am in right field and they would be best to not even be in the ballpark.  However, I do have a point to make - after the past three days I feel very compelled to share this point.  Then I would go hunting, but unfortunately for me the opportunity to go put 100 pounds of meat in the freezer has closed this year.  So, I will search another point to make at a later date…but for today.
If you would allow me this opportunity, I would like to first share a few versus from the Bible.  Once you have read these and then read my points to follow, you will understand that I am not a P.E.T.A. supporter, but I am only making a point that I feel that we should all be aware of as we step out the back door, the front door, the side door, the work door, or any door we may exit as we leave our comfortable, safe abode.
Let me first bring your attention to Jeremiah 7:33, “And the carcasses of this people shall be MEAT FOR THE FOWLS of the heaven, and for the BEASTS OF THE EARTH; and none shall fray them away.”  Next would be Jeremiah 15:3, “And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD: the sword to slay, and the DOGS TO TEAR, and the FOWLS OF THE HEAVEN, and the BEASTS OF THE EARTH, to DEVOUR AND DESTROY.”  I would then like to turn your attention to Ezekial 5:17, “So will I send upon you FAMINE AND EVIL BEASTS, and they shall bereave thee; and PESTILENCE and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it.”  And last would be Leviticus 26:22 which says that “I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.”  Now there are more referencing animals taking man, but these are just a few that I found in quick research.  I say all this to say this.
In the past 20 to 25 years locusts attacked in Australia, from one side of the continent to other.  Grasshoppers, reported to be 4”, had their way with Central Florida and killer bees attacked a one armed man and three of his children in Mexico, killing the man.  In the Soviet Republic of Georgia killer wasps killed five and hospitalized thirty, while in Massachusetts in 1997 a “pet” rabbit escaped and attacked three adults and a two year old child.
In Canada a homeowner had to be rescued by police after his cat went berserk and trapped him in a bathroom in 2003.  Only two years earlier, again in Canada, a man was hospitalized after being attacked by his cat in 2001.  While in San Francisco a lacrosse coach was killed by a dog and in 2002 a couple said their baby boy was left injured after a fox crept into their house while they slept.  In Nevada a mountain lion broke thru the window of home and then exited threw the same window.
Now in the past three days, I have seen similar incidents on the news.  One day after another.  Two days ago coyotes were coming into a neighborhood, bold enough to even go inside of a store and sit in the aisles.  Yesterday, tigers and elephants attacking those who undoubtedly attacked - oops, I mean moved into - the animals neighborhood, which brings me to a point I will touch on shortly.  And today a Llama, yes a Llama decided that he had enough.
Let me first touch on the point I was going to touch on a few sentences ago.  Reporters continuously report that animals are coming into “our space”.  Easy, hold the boat there Mr. I have no idea what I am talking about reporter!  These animals are not coming into our space!  This reminds me of the American Indian, I suppose they came into our space as well - wrong!  We are in their space.  Let me put it in terms that a 5 year old can understand, you have 200 wooded acres with raccoons, deer, snakes, coyotes, a bobcat or two, and a variety of other animals, you sell this land to a developer and he turns it into a sub-division.  This has punched these animals somewhere else; now how can you tell me they are invading our space…they are only protecting themselves, just as you would protect your family.
My millions and millions of fans have read all of this and by now are more than likely thinking than I am an animal advocate.  Let me assure you of this, you can keep reading and you have no fear - I am still your friend.  I am only bringing you to the realization that nature is getting tired of our s#$% and they are fighting back.
Don't get bit in the butte and Happy Hunting!!
Hicks Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment